The average person reads 1 book after high school. Sad.
You know how in high school and college we’re forced to read books? Well reading is good! Reading is perceived as bad because people don’t always read what they want! But when I talk about reading, I mean other kinds of books! Not stories, but personal development!
Work harder on yourself than you do at anything else!
Read books based on what you want, meaning, if you want to be a professional football player, what will you do? What ever it takes! Go to as many practices as it takes, learn as much as you can, eat the best you can eat, but also read as many books as it takes, subscribe to as many magazines as it takes, take the classes, see the games, so forth. Read the books for what you want to be, not just your interests or what your assigned. Sure Harry Potter is cool, but on top of that, read your personal development!
Personal Development has taught me so many life skills. Reading the right books has taught me and allowed me to hone:
Control, confidence, awareness, associations, leadership, communication, solutions, goals, achievement, perspective, persistence, organization, determination, accountability, the disciplines, the philosophies, the balance, the power, the choice of freedom.
With patience, now I know how to get what I want, get the grades I want, get the job I want, get the success I want, have the control I want, get the lifestyle I want, live life the way I want! I genuinely want everyone to get what they desire for, aspire for, care for, dare for need for read for.
I’m not perfect, I’m still learning, but I am in life where I deserve to be. I know I can be anywhere I want in my journey through personal development.
Reading’s hard? Start with the book, “The Slight Edge” and read 10 Pages of a good book a day. Can’t read a book? Just do 10 pages. Everyday. Don’t stop. No time? 15 minutes of a good audio. Just do it! Try it! I dare you!
What to put in your library:
- Your Viewing Library - Watch good movies! Funny movies are great so are romantic comedies, but informational movies, educational movies, documentaries, those kinds of movies that make a difference in you should go in your library!
- Your Listening Library - Turn your car into a mobile classroom! Audiobooks, CDs; hear what you want to be to be the best that you can be! The average person drives 600 hours in a year! 15 minutes driving to your friends house won’t make too much of a difference. But compounded over time, 600 hours of good audios can make a HUGE difference in you.
- Your Reading Library - What you don’t read won’t help! The book you miss might cost you a fortune! You say “Well how much is it?” Well it isn’t what it costs, it’s what it costs if you don’t have it. that’s the big cost.
- Your Journal/Planner - Create your story, create your book, create your life. Create a vision and make it happen. Plan your life, or life will drag you with its circumstances. “Be pulled by your vision rather than drowned by your current circumstances. You can plan your life the way you want it to be or you can let circumstances plan it for you.” [Mike Capridilla]
Never begrudge the money you spend on your own personal education cause that’s where the miracle is! The miracle of your mind!
Here’s what I learned:
Formal education gets you a job; self education gets you rich.
Formal education makes you a living; self education makes you a fortune!
You say you don’t like to read? I didn’t like to either, but you’ve got to change that. You can’t go through life with that kind of handicap. Do not limp through with a mental handicap of not being able to get through the books and magazines; the stuff that could help get you through life.
If you will change, everything will change for you.
List of Good Books:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People -Dale Carnegie
- Everyone Communicates Few Connect -John C Maxwell
- Think and Grow Rich -Napoleon Hill
- Business of the 21st Century -Robert Kiyosaki
- The Slight Edge -Jeff Olson
- The Richest Man in Babylon -George Clayson
- Achievement -David Byrd
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership -John C Maxwell
- Cashflow Quadrant -Robert Kiyosaki
- JIM ROHN!!!
*Message me for some good audiobooks!
In other words, let’s read.
(Yes this is reblogged from me haha. It was too good not to)